3rd YEAR ANNIVERSARY SPECIAL BLOG
JOIN OUR MISSION. We know you have family and friends who suffer from spine and nerve problems and that you have tried to get them to see our chiropractors for a checkup. Let’s talk about how to help you help them.When is it appropriate to refer a loved one to a chiropractor?
- If they experience any pain that keeps returning over months or years.
- If they are taking medications and have never had their spines checked.
- If they are pregnant and are in any kind of pain.
- If the medications they are taking are strong and the doctor is increasing their dosage.
- If they have been injured in a vehicular accident.
- If they have experienced a fall or other injury around the home.
- If they have suffered a sport-related injury, etc.
OH, and by the way…REGARDLESS OF THEIR AGE.
These are the common criteria to observe:
1. Severity. If the pain is daily, even if the pain is not disabling, the best thing to do is to personally take them to the clinic (please call first for appointment time). That is true love!
2. If the pain is only once in a while, it becomes harder for people to feel the urgency to undergo a spinal evaluation. The fact is that it is far costlier to wait until the pain has become more intense, for the condition to be disabling before someone will make the time to get checked. Intensive care with more frequent sessions will be necessary and the total number of sessions will be higher; so coming now, while the condition is still relatively uncomplicated, will save them a lot of money.
3. Speaking of money: that is often the rationalization people have for not going to the doctor. Chiropractic may not be inexpensive, because it is a foreign trained profession, but as mentioned above, getting care before things get complicated is money-wise. Besides, think about former president GMA’s high surgical costs and how that could be their future expense.
NOTE: Most people who experience chiropractic understand how over time, whatever they sent on their care came back many times over from all the medications they did not buy; the surgery or hospital visits they did not endure; the workdays they did not miss and the personal enjoyment of a body they can rely on (priceless).
4. Much smarter to act now before its too late.
In truth, spinal health is far more important that oral health, but people regularly see the Dentist. You may want to read our article on this topic and better make the point that people really need to take the time to get their spines checked.
You start by showing them the website or calling the clinic, or just dragging them into the office when walking nearby the clinic. That’s what we call being a hero!
Yours in Health,